Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Vision and Mission
- The department will strive and achieve global recognition as a Centre of Excellence for engineering education.This distinguished education will enable the graduates to appreciate the need for the technological, economic & social enrichment of the nation in particular and the world at large.
- Excellence in education and scholarship: Qualified faculty educates students through theory and hands on instructions, using state of the art methodologies. Faculty will continuously engage in updating of teaching-learning skills that enhances the classroom instructions.
- Life-long learning: Our graduates will engage in lifelong learning demonstrated by advanced education/degrees, professional development activities, and/or other career-enhancing activities.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme will provide quality under graduate education following outcome based education model, besides promoting ethical and social values.
- The programme will prepare qualified graduates for professional practice or graduate studies, at regional, national and international levels. Graduates are able to work skillfully and effectively in single and/or multidisciplinary teams and competent to engage in life-long learning.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Programme Outcomes (POs)
At the end of the programme, the student will be able to,
- Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering to solve problems in electrical and electronics engineering.
- Design and conduct experiments on electrical systems as well as analyze and interpret data.
Design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Work as member of single/multi disciplinary team to find solutions for engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate and solve electrical engineering problems.
- Understand the professional and ethical responsibility.
- Communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Recognize the need and able to engage in life-long learning.
- Gather knowledge of contemporary issues in Electrical Engineering.
- Use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools to solve engineering problems.
Professional Competencies of IEEE addressed by the Programme
- Knowledge of probability and statistics as applied to electrical engineering.
Knowledge of mathematics through differential and integral calculus, basic science, computer science, and engineering sciences necessary to analyze and design complex electrical and electronic devices, software, and systems containing hardware and software components.
Knowledge of advanced mathematics including differential equations, linear algebra, and complex variables and discrete mathematics.