Power Electronics and Drives - Vision and Mission
- To provide quality research programs with relevance to industrial and societal needs in the field of Power Electronics and Drives.
- To provide opportunities and resources for collaborative research with industry and institutions for solving the complex problems.
- To encourage research publications at national and international forums and to encourage enthusiastic participation in seminars and workshops.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates would apply their engineering fundamentals to solve complex engineering problems and would demonstrate active participation in Research and Development activities resulting in research publications in the field of Power Electronics and Drives.
- Graduates would familiarize with professional issues, work effectively in team and engage themselves in the related areas of their career aspirations which will lead to lifelong learning.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
After successful completion of the programme, the graduates will be able to,
- Acquire in depth knowledge in Power Electronics and Drives including wider and global perspective with ability to evaluate, analyze and synthesis existing and new knowledge.
- Analyze complex Power Electronics and Drives problems critically, apply independent judgment for synthesizing information to make intellectual research in a wider theoretical and practical context.
- Identify engineering problems, evaluate and synthesize solution and arrive at feasible solution after considering societal and environmental factors in the core areas of Power Electronics and Drives.
- Extract information pertinent to unfamiliar problems through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, analyze and interpret data, demonstrate higher order skill and view things in a broader perspective, contribute individually/in group(s) to the development of technological knowledge in the domain of Power Electronics and Drives.
- Use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools to solve Power Electronics and Drives problems.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of group dynamics, recognize opportunities and contribute to collaborative-multidisciplinary scientific research.
- Manage projects efficiently in the area of Power Electronics and Drives and multidisciplinary environments after considering the economical and financial factors.
- Communicate effectively and being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation by adhering to appropriate standards and to make effective presentations.
- Recognize the need for the ability to engage in life-long learning independently.
- Understand the responsibility of taking professional decisions based on the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and socio-economical issues.
- Observe and examine the outcomes of actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.