The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2012 offers Under Graduate B.E. (Civil Engineering) Programme and is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. Our department works with the objective of addressing critical challenges faced by industry & academia. The strength of the department is well qualified and experienced faculty members & supporting staff with state-of art laboratories. In a nutshell, the department is well nurtured to cater the needs of education for the career enhancement of students.
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2012 offers Under Graduate B.E. (Civil Engineering) Programme and is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. Our department works with the objective of addressing critical challenges faced by industry & academia. The strength of the department is well qualified and experienced faculty members & supporting staff with state-of art laboratories. In a nutshell, the department is well nurtured to cater the…
Let SREC be a stepping stone of your success.
1. The Civil Engineering department will attain global recognition as a Commendable centre for quality Engineering Education and Research; to equip the graduates to meet the sustainable development of Construction Industry for the betterment of the society.
1. To provide quality education that will enable the graduates to successfully execute traditional and modern Civil Engineering projects.
2. To provide a collaborative and stimulating ecosystem for achieving academic excellence and nurture their innovative and research skills.
3. To foster a spirit of services for the betterment of Civil Engineering profession to address societal, environmental and human needs.
The Graduates of this Program after four to five years will
PEO1: Succeed in their Professional careers as part of organization or as entrepreneur and/or pursue higher studies and research in advanced areas of Civil Engineering.
PEO2: Exhibit ethical attitude, professionalism, effective communication skills as individuals and/or in multidisciplinary teams and adapt to the latest trends by pursuing lifelong learning.
PEO3: Implement solutions with safe and economical consideration for societal problems using professional knowledge.
Program Outcomes as stated by NBA: Engineering Graduates will be able to
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reachingsubstantiatedconclusionsusingfirstprinciplesofmathematics,naturalsciences,andengineeringsciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Graduates of Civil Engineering at the time of graduation will be able to
PSO1: Apply knowledge of materials, methods aligned with latest technology, regulatory and safety aspects in completing projects effectively within the stipulated period and funds.
PSO2: Investigate, Plan, Design and execute the structural built environment and necessary infrastructural requirements abiding legal and ethical regulations.
PSO3: Implement multifaceted techniques using relevant software tools in thrust areas and emerging fields for various applications in Civil Engineering.